The history of the brand
In 1923, when radio was still in the starting blocks and the company "Ideal" was founded in Berlin, the "blue dot" was born as a symbol of quality. The product range at that time included headphones and detector receivers. These were thoroughly tested by technicians and, after passing the test, marked with a blue dot as a seal of approval. Soon the buyers only asked for products with the "blue dot" and so it quickly became synonymous with exceptional quality.
In 1938, the quality symbol became a trademark and at the same time the company name "Blaupunkt", which is known worldwide today.
Even today, the blue dot stands for products with outstanding quality and technical expertise, especially when it comes to radio reception and navigation on wheels and for first-class sound.
Foundation of the company in Berlin
The first car radio developed in Europe, the Blaupunkt AS 5
World's first stereo car radio
The first car radio with ARI traffic receiver was introduced
Prototype of the first route guidance system EVA (electronic traffic controller for drivers)
Blaupunkt starts with its first DAB receiver
One million navigation systems sold and presentation of the world's first DAB car radio with MP3
Innovation with the first digital plug & play amplifier
New 1-DIN car radio with integrated loudspeaker
First Blaupunkt 2-DIN multimedia car radio with Android
New vehicle-specific Blaupunkt 2-DIN multimedia car radio with Android
Heavy duty audio systems for professional use
Blaupunkt entry into the e-mobility market with two folding e-bikes
First Youngtimer car radio - Blaupunkt reissues the cult car radio "Bremen SQR 46"
Sequel follows ...